We had a great meeting today at Newton Hall, Newton-On-The-Sea. What a beautiful drive up through our lovely county to a fabulous venue! Thank you very much to John for hosting and showing us around the function room, which is amazing by the way!
Regarding Northumberland Day, 28th May 2017:
The list of events and activities that are going to be happening in the two weeks either side of May 28th is starting to grow nicely! So far (some are to be confirmed) a list of suggested activities and events are as follows:
- Alnwick Castle – The Duke and Duchess are very much behind the idea of Northumberland Day and the Castle will be hosting events over the bank holiday weekend
- Ashington – food market (May 27)
- Ashington – rock concert (May 28)
- Bagpipe Museum – Northumbrian Music Concert
- Berwick – Illuminating the 25 arches of the Royal Border Bridge
- English Heritage – will be planning events
- Haltwhistle Walking Festival – creating a special walk (to be announced soon)
- Haltwhistle also planning activity in the village
- Haydon Bridge – staging activity in the village (possible street party; decorating the village)
- Hexham Abbey – hosting a medieval fair, with lots of crafts & educational activities from Wild Dog Outdoors (27th May)
- Hexham Racecourse’s Northumberland Day Event (Tuesday before Northumberland Day).
- Langley Castle – staging a Reivers event on the Saturday before Northumberland Day (May 27).
- National Trust Wallington Hall – Dragon Cycling Trail
- Northumberland County Show – Flags, food tent and much more….
- Northumbria Tweed Company – thinking about an innovative idea using their beautiful textiles
- Northumberland Cheese – promoting their local cheeses!
- South Tynedale Railway – planning an activity or event
- The Pudding Parlour – Activities in outlets
- Vallum Farm – behind the scenes, meet the baker, meet the ice cream maker!
- Woodhorn – activities on site
Northumberland Day is for every resident of Northumberland, and visitors to the region. Communities, schools, small micro businesses through to larger corporate businesses, tourists from outside the region…. EVERYONE! Feel free to get involved!
Please like the Northumberland Day Facebook Page to keep updated with events!
If you would like to get involved please contact Jane Hunt on NDay@catapultpr.co.uk